Botanical bits, Family Pictures and Feel Good Things. Natural spaces and imagery calm me and so many others. Even having the colour green in ones home is linked to feelings of calm and happiness. I grew up loving flowers and enjoying trips to the gardens in Niagara Falls and watching the river rush through Erindale Park. Yet I never thought about it as a kid. My Mom and Dad would get hanging baskets of fuchsia and I would watch the it gently swing around while the spring rains would pour down, release the scent of cherry blossom and scatter the petals with it. At some point, as with all of us who realize that we can be very intentional with the space around us, and starting with my own pink childhood bedroom, I began asking my mom if I could take little decorative things from around the house to place in my room. She loved buying me Disney themed things but she also gave me a folkloric book that really inspired me, it was so unusual in my mind. Vasilisa the Beautiful. I swear, I h...
Comments
Post a Comment